Troubleshooting Upload Button
What is it?
The upload button is commonly seen through your MemberClicks platform. Some areas where you will encounter it will be in the Contact Center, E-list, Committee Management File Upload, Forum Postings, Media Manager, File Attachment Attribute, and Form Field File Attachment.
Example of a greyed out upload button
Trouble Shooting the Upload Button
If you are having trouble uploading files or folders due to the upload box being greyed out, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
Try clearing your browser's cache. If this does not resolve your issue please proceed to the next step.
If you are using the Upload Button feature, you must have Java installed on your computer, except for Chrome and Firefox which use HTML5 instead of Java to upload folders.
Please ensure your web browser is the latest version of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome.
(Note: Our preferred browsers, Google Chrome or Firefox)
- Verify that the file's name is valid. Box only supports file or folder names that are 255 characters or less. File names containing non-printable ascii, "/" or "\", names with leading or trailing spaces, and the special names “.” and “..” are also unsupported.
- Make sure you are uploading files smaller than the maximum for your account type. To determine your maximum File Upload Sizes (In Classic), see below:
- Contact Center Messages 1 MB
- E-list Messages 5 MB
- Forum Post Attachments 10 MB
- Media Manager 25 MB
- File Attachment Attribute 25 MB
- **Form Field File Attachments 25 MB
- Committee Management File Upload 150 MB
Front-End Profile Avatar - 64px by 64px
(** Indicates the most common use case for not being able to see the upload button)
Check to see if you are running the latest versions of Java and Flash.
Clear your Java Cache. Follow steps here: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml
Proxy servers may sometimes cause failed uploads. If you see the error message: An error occurred with the upload. Please refresh the page and try again.
- Restart your computer. Occasionally, one-time issues may prevent Java from functioning correctly, and a restart may solve these problems.
A healthy looking upload button will look like this: