The menu manager provides you access to your site's navigation menu(s). Depending on your site's design, you may have 1 or more navigation menus. The main screen will display all of your navigation menus, and by clicking on one, you'll be taken to the menu item manager. Within the menu item manager you can add, edit, or remove navigation buttons.
You may access the menu manager by navigating to Website > Menu Manager
To make changes to a menu, click on the name of it (this will bring you to the menu item manager)
Menu Item Manager
The menu item manager is where you're able to add, edit, or remove buttons in your navigation menu(s).
- #: An indexing number automatically assigned for ease of reference.
- Checkbox: Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as publish and unpublish, can work with multiple items.
- Menu Item: The name of the menu item.
- Default: Indicator of default menu item which serves as the website's homepage.
- Published: Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Order: The order to display items. If the list is sorted by this column, you can change the order by clicking the arrows or by entering the sequential order and clicking the "save order" icon (disk icon next to "order" header). Note that the display order on a page is set in the "parameters - advanced" section for each menu item. If that order is set to use something other than "order" (for example, "title - alphabetical"), then the order value in this screen will be ignored. If the menu item order parameter is set to use "order", then the items will display on the page based on the order in this screen.
- Type: The menu item type for this menu item.
- ItemID: Here you can see the ID number; you can not change this number.
At the top right you will see the following toolbar:
The functions are:
- Menus: Click on this button to go to the menu manager.
- Permissions: Click the permissions icon to set group permissions for the menu items within the current menu.
- Default: Select a menu item which you want to be the homepage of your site, and click on this button.
- Publish: To publish one or more items, select them and click on this button.
- Unpublish: To unpublish one or more items, select them and click on this button.
- Move: Select one or more items and click on this button to move them to a different menu. A new screen will display showing the possible "move to" locations on the left and the list of item(s) being moved on the right. To complete the move, select the desired "move to" location and press the "move" button. To cancel the operation, press "cancel".
- Copy: Select one or more items and click this button to copy them. A new screen will display showing the possible "copy to" locations on the left and the list of item(s) being copied on the right. To complete the copy, select the desired "copy to" location and press the "copy" button. To cancel the operation, press "cancel".
- Move to Trash: Select one or more menu items and click on this button to move them to the trash. Note that menu items can be restored from the trash manager as long as they are not permanently deleted.
- View Trash: View the list of items in the Menu trash.
- Edit: Select one item and click on this button to open it in edit mode. If you have more than one item selected, the first item will be opened. You can also open an item for editing by clicking on its title.
- New: Click on this button to create a new menu item/navigation button.
- Help: Opens this help screen.
Use the available list filters to find and sort your menu items:
- Filter: If you have a large amount of menu items, you can use the filter option to quickly find the desired item. Enter all or part of the item title, or the ID number.
- Max Levels: This option displays only the menu items that have x number of levels or less (where x is the number you select). The main buttons that you see in your navigation menu are "level 1"; if you mouse over one of them and see a sub-menu of additional buttons, those are "level 2"... and so on.
- Select State: Use this option to display only the menu items that are published or unpublished.
- Select an item and click on the "default" button to set your homepage.
- Set different filter options to only show some of the menu items.