Why is it used?
The parent-child event registration form is used for event registrations when you have a parent-child relationship setup in your database. With this type of form, a parent member is able to register for themselves as well as any linked child profiles, all in one form.
What is it?
A parent-child event registration form is a specific type of online form for use with the parent-child relationship setup. It will allow a primary representative/parent to register themselves as well as any of their linked child profiles for a particular event. This form creates individual receipts for each member registered - one for the parent and one for each child.
- 1 person (the primary representative/parent) can complete the event registration process for themselves as well as any of the child profiles linked to them
- The parent can pay for all registrations with a single transaction
- Information updated on the form is automatically updated in your database
How is it setup?
A parent-child event registration form can be setup by following the steps below:
- Navigate to Forms > Create Form
- Select the Event Registration type
- Enter a name for the new form
- Choose 1 of 3 event options:
Option A - if you already have an event setup on your calendar, select it here (this will link the event to your registration form as well as insert event details automatically)
Option B - if you would like to create a new event on your calendar during the form setup process
Option C - if you simply want to setup the form now and link it to an event later
- Select "Register Parent Profiles and linked Child Profiles"
- Check the box next to the parent group
- Enter your pricing information. If the registration cost is simply a flat fee for any number of members, complete this section like the 1st example below. If there is a per-member fee, complete this section like the 2nd example below.
Example 1, flat registration fee: enter a description (what the field will actually say on the form) and the price you want to charge (in this example $100 would be charged regardless of how many profiles are registered).
Example 2, per-member fee: the first section (under "pricing options") will be the description and price for the parent member, and the second section (under "available child groups") will be the default price charged for each child member registered. You may also setup pricing based on ranges by clicking the "add a range" button (i.e. 1-5 child members at $50 each, 6-10 child members at $40 each, etc.).
- Select the attributes/fields you'd like to appear on the form for the parent (left column) and children (right column).
- Upon saving, you'll be taken to the new form in edit mode to make any adjustments