Why is it used?
The parent-child membership application form allows new members to join your organization, specifically when you offer "institutional" type memberships and have a parent-child relationship setup in your database. This type of membership would encompass 2 or more individuals from the same organization with 1 of them being the primary representative who manages the membership for all. The primary representative is considered the "parent" profile while additional linked members are considered the "child" profiles.
What is it?
The parent-child membership application form is a specific type of online form for use with the parent-child relationship setup. This form is for new members and is setup to allow a single person (primary representative/parent) to complete it. It will create individual profiles for each member (the parent and any number of children) as well as automatically create the link between parent and child profiles.
- 1 person (the primary representative/parent) can complete the application form for themselves as well as any number of additional members (children)
- The parent can pay for all members with a single transaction
- Individual profiles are created for each member
- The parent-child link is automatically created
How is it setup?
A parent-child application form can be setup by following the steps below:
- Navigate to Forms > Create Form
- Select the Application type
- Enter a name for the new form
- Select "Create Parent Profile and linked Child Profiles"
- Select the parent group information on the left (database group/status) and child group information on the right
- Select the attributes/fields you'd like to appear on the form for the parent (left column) and children (right column). Attributes with * indicate that they are set to cascade (copy) from the parent page to the child pages (cascading attributes can be set in Database > Group Management > select the parent group > click "manage attributes cascading to child groups" towards the right-hand side in Group Properties).
- Enter your pricing information along with the number of profiles that should be created in addition to the primary/parent. If the membership offered simply includes up to a certain number of members, complete this section like the 1st example below. If there are different membership levels that each include a certain number of members, complete this section like the 2nd example below. Note: also check the "Cascade Parent's..." box and select your expiration date attribute in both drop down menus so that all new profiles created have the appropriate expiration date.
- Upon saving, you'll be taken to the new form in edit mode to make any adjustments