What is it?
Selection Sets are a type of attribute that will allow you to provide a list of values for your members to choose from. Selection set attributes can be displayed in one of three formats: select box, checkbox or radio button.
How to Access
Navigate to Database > Attribute Management > Edit a selection set attribute
Creating a Selection Set
Once you have clicked on the Add button under Database > Attribute Management, select Selection Set.
Click the Edit button below the Selection Set Definition.
In the box on the top left, type in the selection set options (example: Graduation years of 1998, 1999, through 2008)
Click Duplicate the entries in the boxes above, then click Add an empty option to the selection set.
Rearrange the items in the selection set using the Move Up, Move Down, Alphabetize, Reverse Order, and Sort Numerically links.
Next, fill in the Attribute Name, Selection and Display Options (see below), and Search Filter Options.
- Single Select: Choose this option if profiles can only have a single option from the selection set.
- Multiple Select: Choose this option if profiles can have more than one option from the selection set.
- Radio: The radio button display option is only available for single select attributes and will display the selection set in edit mode similar to the image below:
- Checkbox: The checkbox display option is only available for multiple select attributes and will display the selection set in edit mode similar to the image below:
- Select Box: The select box option is available in either single or multiple select attributes. The display of the select box in edit mode depends on the whether the attribute is single select or multiple select, as seen below:
- Single Select:
- Multiple Select
Note: If you want to learn more about creating an attribute, view this article.